Julie McStay is a Director and leader of the aged care and retirement living group at Hynes Legal. Julie is a specialist in the industry and advises a large range of aged care providers and retirement living operators including publically listed groups, private groups and not for profits. Julie has an intimate understanding of the legal issues critical to the aged care and retirement living sector and was recently selected by her peers for inclusion, for the sixth consecutive year, in the ‘Best Lawyers International list’ as a leading lawyer in Australia in ‘Retirement Villages and Senior Living Law’ and ‘Health and Aged Care Law”. Julie provides advice to operators on acquisitions and sales, major incident management, coronial matters and all regulatory issues. She regularly provides advice to industry associations and key stakeholders about regulatory matters relevant to both aged care and retirement living. Julie has a Masters of Law with a major in health law and is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Julie is participating in the Breakfast Session Panel, the Next Game Changer.
With the retirement and aged care sectors facing challenges, operators and providers are searching for innovative service solutions. The suburban based campus style model is an increasingly more appealing product for consumers particularly with baby boomers coming on-line and providing opportunities for continuum care from operators and investors alike. But what’s included? Retirement accommodation, aged care, supported living and prime suburban and inner city locations and anything else the market demands. In this highly interactive session our panel of industry experts will dissect the model and look at its risks and benefits.
The panel will include:
- Darrell Price – Associate Director, Corporate Finance, Aged Care & Retirement, Grant Thornton
- Russell Allison – Senior Director, Head of Health, Aged Care & Retirement, Capital Markets, Knight Frank Australia Pty Ltd
- Kiro Valeski – Associate Director – Corporate Health (Qld), National Australia Bank
- Julie McStay – Director and Head of aged care and Retirement Living – Hynes Legal.
- Jo Thomason – Principal Advisor for Retirement Living and Seniors Housing
Monday Breakfast Panel 1, 7.00am-8.30am