Topic: A Systems Approach to Governance and Risk Management
Day: Wednesday 21 October 2020
Time: 10:30am-11:00am AEDT
This session presents a unique review of the clinical governance of residential aged care in Australia over the past few years. It focuses on the lived experience of consumers, looking at residential aged care through the consumer’s lens, the lens of those who provide the care and the care itself.
Board members, executives and managers will be provided with an overview of the industry changes and their impact on consumer expectations, employees and the clinical care outcomes.
The key takeaways for participants include:
• Systems thinking to measuring performance.
• The key drivers for enhancing the consumer experience and the delivery of safe quality care and services.
• Critical workforce and management attributes and built environment features identified by consumers.
• Correlations between ACFI funding, care hours and clinical outcomes.
• Q&A:10 minute session on strategic focus and business planning.
• Copy of the QPS Benchmarking Residential Aged Care Performance Report for 2020.
Silvia Holcroft is the Director of QPS Benchmarking with particular expertise in the development of key performance indicator models, benchmarking, clinical governance systems and Business Excellence. QPS Benchmarking has over 20 years of experience in providing services to Residential Aged Care, Home Care, Day Hospitals and Palliative Care across Australian and New Zealand.
As a senior consultant and awards evaluator for Business Excellence Australia, Silvia has had the opportunity to evaluate and consult for organisations utilising the Australian Business Excellence Framework for the past 30 years, both in Australia and internationally.
With extensive experience in the health and aged care industry, Silvia has held a number of senior executive positions including the Chief Executive Officer, Director of Nursing for Acute Hospitals, Aged and Community Care Services, National Quality Manager, MBF, Health Care Service Planner, IAHS and National Education Consultant for ACHS.